AAA Privacy & Cookies Policy
In this document The Association of Animal Artists is also referred to as the ‘AAA’ and ‘we’ or ‘our’
What is the GDPR?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a Europe-wide law that replaces the Data Protection Act 1998 in the UK. It is part of the wider package of reform to the data protection landscape that includes the Data Protection Bill. The GDPR sets out requirements for how organisations will need to handle personal data from 25 May 2018.
What information does the GDPR apply to?
The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’, which means any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier.
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
- Consent of the data subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous identification of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
- ‘third party’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
- Who are we? The Association of Animal Artists is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- What data do we collect? The Association of Animal Artists collects personal information which may include all or some of the following. Name, postal address, telephone/mobile number, email address, bank details, website address.
How do we process your personal data?
We may collect personal information about you when you engage with us for a number of reasons including when you: make a purchase; make an enquiry (e.g. about artists, membership, sponsorship or general enquires); become a ‘Friend’; engage with our social media; make a donation; sign up to receive emails; book a class or workshop, or otherwise provide us with personal information that may be used to enhance your experience or enable us to provide a service to you.
We may also receive information about you from third parties. This can include information such as your name, postal address, email address, phone number, credit/debit card details and whether you are a tax payer so that we can claim Gift Aid. We may also gather information about the use of our websites, such as which pages are most visited and which events or facilities are of most interest. We will use this information to improve our website and to ensure we provide the best services for users. Wherever possible we use aggregated or anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our websites. By submitting your details you enable us (and where applicable any suppliers we use) to provide you with the activities, goods, services, events or online content you select and any other related services the Association of Animal Artists may provide. We do not usually collect sensitive personal data from you unless there is a clear reason for doing so.
Your debit/credit card information
If you use your credit or debit card to make a purchase or donation on our website, we will ensure that this is done securely and in accordance with the Payment Industry Data Security Standard.
How we may use your information
We may use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
- For internal recordkeeping
- To administer membership and financial records
- To maintain our own accounts and records ( including the processing of Gift Aid applications)
- To provide you with the services, products or information you have requested or which we feel may interest you where you have consented to being contacted
- To maintain your webpage presence on the AAA website
- To process donations we may receive from you
- To provide you with information about our work or our events that you have agreed to receive
- To periodically send MailChimp emessages relevant to the membership and client databases including forthcoming events
- To distribute the AAA’s newsletter
- To process exhibition entries including publicity, both via the internet and hard copy
- To take bookings and payments for meetings and events
- To fulfil sales contracts you have entered into with us
- To target communications and messages to you and to identify similar groups
- To use IP addresses to identify your approximate location, to block disruptive use, to record website traffic or to personalise the way our information is presented to you
- To analyse and improve the services offered on our site and to make it as user-friendly as possible
- To advise of other allied events which we believe will be relevant to or of interest to our members
- Where it is required or authorised by law
- For the purposes of credit risk reduction or fraud prevention
We may contact you for marketing purposes by email if you have agreed to be contacted in this manner for marketing purposes and do not opt out of receiving further marketing information. We may also send you service communications via email, for example where you placed an order for goods or services on our website. If you have provided us with your postal address or telephone number we may send you direct mail or telephone you about our work, unless you have told us that you would prefer not to receive such information.
Right to erasure (Right to be forgotten)
It is your choice as to whether you want to receive information about our work and the ways you can get involved. You may opt out of marketing emails at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our marketing emails. You can also change any of your marketing preferences at any time (including telling us that you don’t want us to contact you for marketing purposes by telephone or send you direct marketing by post) by emailing us at email@example.com or by writing to us at: The Association of Animal Artists PO Box 85, Church Stretton, Shropshire SY6 9AJ, United Kingdom
We will not use your information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes. However, we may retain your details on a suppression list to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you.
Information sharing and disclosure
The Association of Animal Artists may share your personal information with the other entities, trading subsidiaries, suppliers or service providers to provide the products or services you’ve requested from us, for example, if you purchase a painting from our website, we will need to pass your details on to the artist and, in turn, a courier, in order to facilitate delivery.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies), or in order to enforce or apply our rights (including in relation to our website or other applicable terms and conditions) or to protect the AAA, for example in cases of suspected fraud or defamation.
The Association of Animal Artists complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and process your gift aid donations and keep you informed about AAA events. In addition your data may be specifically used to facilitate processing of entries and invitations and publicity for the various exhibitions the AAA organises and the running of workshops etc.
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body provided: –
- the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of The Association of Animal Artists in order to carry out purposes connected with the AAA. We will only share your data with third parties outside of The Association of Animal Artists with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out by the Information Commissioners Office* [see footnote for link]. Need to check this is correct!!
Specifically, we retain gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate for as required for accounting and tax purposes;
Membership data is retained for the life of the membership of that person.
Exhibition data is retained for the purpose of analysing exhibition trends and promotion of artists within the Association for up to 10 years
We keep records for as long as required to operate the service in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please address requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Association of Animal Artists, Pengwern Ganol, Cenarth, Newcastle Emlyn, Carmarthenshire, SA38 9RL and we will respond to you within 40 days. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which The Association of Animal Artists holds about you;
- The right to request that The Association of Animal Artists corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the The Association of Animal Artists to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Controlling AAA generated personal Data
An ‘opt-in’ consent box will appear on the payments page to indicate that the individual is consenting to our processing of personal data
‘Opt-in’ consent boxes will appear on all entry forms, membership application documents & booking forms. Individuals who have previously signed up and consented to be included in our membership group email list and our marketing email list can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the link provided at the foot of every email. Similarly, there is an unsubscribe link on all MailChimp communications.
With the exception of ‘door lists’ that are generated for meetings and events we will not distribute or release and personal information to any external third parties, unless we are required by law to do so.
We will ensure that members’ personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect ONLINE
Links to other websites
- Association of Animal Artists Personal data is collected via the AAA website. The AAA respects the privacy of its members and other visitors to its website.
- Registration Magic : https://cmshelplive.com/privacy-policy.html
Further processing If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
The following Consent statement will be placed on the website
|We would love to keep in touch with you about the work the AAA is undertaking, including events, exhibitions and workshops via our email newsletter. By signing up to the newsletter you are giving the AAA permission to store and process your data. We will never sell your data and promise to keep your details safe and secure.
You can opt out of receiving emails at any time by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send you. Or by emailing email@example.com.
For further details on how your data is used and stored: www.associationofanimalartists.co.uk
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact The Association of Animal Artists Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any information that we hold that is found to be incorrect or incomplete, will be promptly amended. Any request by an individual for their details to be deleted under the GDPR ’right to be forgotten’ rules will be actioned promptly.
Or by writing to:
The Administrator, Association of Animal Artists, PO Box 85 Church Stretton, Shropshire,
SY6 9AJ, United Kingdom
We may update the terms of this policy at any time, so please do check it from time to time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us or by placing a prominent notice on our website. By continuing to engage with us through our services and our website you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.