“I believe that we can all learn how to paint, but it is in the silent, authentic, beautiful recesses of our hearts and souls where the masterpiece is born. True artistic skill, the courage to explore the images of that place, and bringing them into the world for you to glimpse is my goal. Helping you find them within yourself is my vocation”
2013/2015 Keeneland Sporting Art Auction, Lexington, KY.
2011 Official Artist of the 137th Kentucky Derby. In addition, one-man show at the Marilyn P. Morgan Gallery, Pearl Fincher Museum Fine Arts, Houston.
2009 Work featured at: BBC, Saatchi Gallery, London & Lancashire Life Magazine, UK.
2009 Ex Arte Equinus International: Horses In Art Magazine’s publishing exhibition. Winner 1st prize for painting, 3rd for drawing.
2005-2008 Various invitational exhibitions including International Museum of the Horse, Lexington, Kentucky; Aamon Carter Museum, Forth Worth, Texas; Wildlife Experience Museum, Colorado; Aiken Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame Museum, North Carolina; Chistie’s Interational, London; Mall Galleries International, London; Palace House, Newmarket.
2008 Master of Foxhounds Association Centennial Invitational: Various venues throughout the U.S.
2006: Presented to H.R.H. Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace, London, England.
2004: Guest Artist/Lecturer: Amon Carter Museum, Texas, U.S.
2004: Silver Jubilee Invitational Exhibition: SEA, Mall Galleries, London, England.
2003, 2004: Women Artists of the West: Nancy Raegan Museum, California, U.S.
2003: Queen’s Jubilee Invitational Exhibition: SEA, Christie’s International, London, England.
2002: Salon International: Museum of Contemporary Masters, Texas, U.S.
2000: AAEA 20th Anniversary Exhibition: National Sporting Library, Virginia, U.S.
EDUCATION & THE CALL OF ART
Art was always a part of my life, my father being a commercial artist and painter; my youth filled with artistic exploration and inspiration. After 10 years of studying and working in the legal profession, I began my journey with art professionally in 1989. Since then, my training has been directed largely by instinct, as I have traveled the world in search of art and artists that have contributed significantly to my development. I would like to credit here teachers Scott Burdick, Carolyn Anderson, William ‘Skip’ Lawrence, Julia Cameron, and my most beloved mentor to whom I shall be eternally grateful, Dick Turner who taught me how to see in every way that counts. My art has been deeply influenced by Sir Alfred Munnings, the Russian Itinerants, Fechin, Kandinsky, and most recently Diebenkorn.
ANCILLARY ACTIVITIES & AWARDS
• Associate Member, Society of Equestrian Artists, London
• Member, American Academy of Equine Art, Lexington, Kentucky
• Member with Colours, Longacre Foxhunt Club, Flynn, Texas
• Full workshop schedule throughout the U.S.A. and the U.K.
• Lectures & Demonstrations: International Museum of the Horse, Lexington, KY; Pearl Fincher MFA, Spring, Texas; Amon Carter Museum, Fort Worth, Texas, Myerscough College, Burscough, Lancs., England, etc.
• Part owner of DaVinci’s Gallery, Tomball, Texas, and L & L Humphrey, LLC
• 2005 Person of the Year Award, Regional Arts Council, Texas.
• 1990 Honorary Ph D for developing parent-taught art curriculum for elementary schools.
• Numerous national/international awards including: 2008 1st in painting, 3rd in drawing: Ex Arte Equinus International Competition. (Published)